Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Friday in Namibia

Today was a bit of a long day. Friday is my day off and I seem to plan to do everything on Friday!! So I took an hour drive south to a place called Otavi. They have a place there called "Mossie Nets" that make mosquito nets. I had to get another one for Cameron as the one he had was too small and they had no more here in town. So he decided to go with military green, but he likes it and sine he has to sleep in it every night, we let him make the call on the color.

Hannah and Corbin went along for the ride with me. Cameron had school back home with Kristen. On our way to Otavi we got to see lots of animals. Today we saw baboons sitting on the fences, a giraffe, and a zebra.

It was quite a rainy day in our area today as well. It would pour down rain for 5 minutes, then the sun would come out for a half an hour, then rain again and sun. When it rains, I work really hard at collecting water. We do live in a desert, so we savor every bit of water that we get for using around the house, and in the gardens. So I have a ten gallon bucket under our gutter system. I collected close to 100 gallons yesterday and last night, which means going in and out of the rain as the buckets fill up.

During one of the sunny moments we got to see one of the most beautiful rainbows I have ever seen in my life. It was so big, and bright, and the colors were so beautiful. Plus, when you can see miles and miles away with no trees in site, it just adds to the beauty of it all, being able to see the entire bow!

Cameron also got a belated Christmas present today. He got to get a bicycle from money given from his grandparents. He was very proud of the bike and his helmet. I guess it is good for Brian as well, because now all he wants to do is for his Dad to walk him around the block a few times while he rides his bike.

Hope all are doing well, and here are some of the pictures of the day.

God Bless!





No comments: