Monday, February 1, 2010

Church and Sunday School

Sunday was my first day I guess on the job. This Sunday I joined the praise and worship team to assist in leading worship. It was good, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Attendance was down a bit due to it being the end of the month. Most people are paid at the end of the month here in town. So there are a lot of people that come in to town from surrounding areas to visit, and then a lot of the local people leave town to do the same.

So this weekend it was quite crowded in the streets and little stores.

At the end of the service I had a chance to address the church and youth to share about our family, share about how God called us here to serve and then to share the my vision for the youth group going forward.

One of my plans is to start a youth choir. So I had around 30 kids that expressed interest in the youth choir. So I am beginning to work on music for them, and we start practice this coming Friday afternoon.

After church one of the youth found a chameleon outside and grabbed it. You would have thought it was his pet because it was so tame. Corbin even had him on his head, although he did not cry, I am not sure he liked it on his head all that much.

Lastly we ended the day with Sunday School. Sunday school is different here. Rather than it being during church time, it is later in the afternoon at 2:30. Sunday school is only for the younger kids age 7-12. Youth and adults have small group Bible studies that meet in homes through out the week. We had 24 kids this past Sunday for Sunday school. We started taking them through a study on the ten commandments, played some games and had praise and worship. Cameron and Hannah joined us and they had fun as well. The kids were excited that they came as well.

Here are some pictures from the day.





No comments: