Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Attack of the Flying Mosquitos

We finally got some measurable rain yesterday. We got close to a 1/8 of an inch! That doesn't sound like much, but it was a lot for here and much needed. It really cooled things off a lot. The kids were actually complaining about being cold yesterday morning, and for the first time I pulled the covers over me in bed.

It did not stay cold for long, but it was only in the 80's for the highs and that felt GREAT!

The big problem with the rain was that it stirred up the mosquito population big time! Last night before bed Kristen and I killed around 20+ in the house, yet we did not get them all. Hannah fared well in the arms of her mosquito net. They don't seem to like my blood, so I ended up with two bites, but Cameron and Corbin must have had "blood donor" written all over them. They woke up this morning looking like they had the measles. I think we counted over 20 some on Corbin.

Therefore, today I went and purchased two more mosquito nets and put them over their beds. Tonight should be a better night for them. We did have a praying mantis trying to help eat them last night, but even he was no match for the army that was in the house.

We also met a couple of new people this week and had them over for dinner last night. One girl is a US Peace Corp nurse working at the State Hospital and the other girl is from the UK and she is a physical therapist also working at the State Hospital. They told us how blessed they were to make new friends and were excited to come over last night. They also are looking forward to learning how to play Settlers of Catan, which is a great board game.

Anyhow, my week gets kicked in to high gear tomorrow with all my ministry work, so I am looking forward to that. Also my new youth choir will be singing their first song in Church this Sunday. I am going to record it and try to post it on the blog for you to listen to as well.

Blessings to all!




3 comments:

Marc said...

Hey man we got to skype again one of these first days. I always think about it when it is like after 11:00 your time.

Ashley said...

so fun to see all about your life now there! we love Settlers too!

Ashley said...

So fun to see a bit of your new life there! THanks for sharing! We love Settlers!