Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pictures of the Day

Today was another long day in that it is around 95 degrees and Kristen and I are still suffering from a major head and chest cold, so it is not a good mix. Today I headed out to buy fans, and screen doors for the sliding doors of our house to get some air flow going. Well no where in town had either. So tomorrow I head about 2 hours south to hopefully find a desk chair, to which I could not find either, and the fans. At least the screens can be ordered.

I finished the day off with praise and worship practice at the church. It was great! Some of the songs are new to me, but that is neat to have a fresh take even on worship music. The Pastors Wife leads worship in the church, and she does a great job of it. So I will begin helping in the worship team this Sunday.

Cell phones are big over here, and cheaper to use, cheaper to buy and texting is the main line of communication for everyone here, even adults. So thanks to youth in the US, I am well trained for this function here. The youth have already started to spread my cell phone number around town and I am getting messages from all directions.

The kids had a fun day of exploring today, and they are starting to feel better. Cameron caught a frog, found a really cool grass hopper and Hannah has a pet lizard that lives on her window sill. We also enjoyed some ice cream tonight. I nice treat for the end of a hot day. Corbin enjoyed it the most!

That is all for today. Tomorrow is my one day a week off. So after I travel to get supplies for the house, we are going to a butchers house who has a restaurant at his house. He also has a pet lion, cheetahs and other wild animals. So the kids are excited about that.

Blessings to you all!





No comments: