Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Home Place Retirement Home

Yesterday I had the privilege of sharing our calling to Africa at Home Place Retirement Home in Burlington, NC. My Great Great Aunt lives there and when I went to visit her the other day, the Activities Coordinator asked me to come back and share about what our family will be doing.

So I shared our video, some slides of our trip two years ago, and they asked lots of great questions. It was a blessing to spend time with them yesterday and to see their interest and encouragement in what we are getting ready to do.

They also decided to adopt our family and bake and sell cookies to help us with our postage costs for sending out our monthly newsletters. Isn't that great! What a blessing!

The pictures below are of me sharing our video and one of me and my Great Great Aunt Margie Wilson.


1 comment:

dorothy said...

This is wonderful! I am so glad that you were able to share with Aunt Margie and the Home Place. I just listened to one of your sermons and it was a blessing! We are praying for all of you every day and hope to see you soon!

Love: Aunt Dorothy
Uncle Ronald