Thursday, May 13, 2010

Gardening in Namibia

Finding fresh vegetables are not always easy in the stores here in our town. Some weeks are good, and some weeks are bad. The one good thing about the weather here is that you can plant most vegetables year round here. You do not have to worry about frost, and the temperature gets into the 70's during the winter time.


So I have been working hard on learning how to grow vegetables here in this arid environment. So far so good. My leafy greens have been doing well, and we have begun to reap from the harvest of swiss chard. They have been quite delicious.

I have now worked on getting broccoli, spinach, okra, onions, carrots and cabbages to grow well also. It is nice to have little helpers as well. It is also a good thing that God gave me a job working on a farm last summer back home to prepare me for this.

Hope that everyone is doing well.
God bless!




No comments: