Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mayonnaise

OK, so this is a random post about the simple bottle of mayonaise!  You might think why in the world would you write a post about mayonaise?  Well if you ever get the chance to come visit us in Namibia, you will understand completely!

I love to eat sandwiches, make tuna melts, chicken salad, and many other recipes with mayonnaise.  Well, mayonnaise in Namibia is not remotely close to what we have back home.  For one the color of it is yellow.  It has a soupy texture to it, and tastes nothing like home.  It has more of a sour taste to it.  I tried to make my moms favorite potato salad with it and it wasn't good.  We ate it, because we try our very best not to waste food now that we see how hungry the people around us are.

But today as I was shopping in one of our little food stores, what to my surprise was on the shelf???  A nice bottle of Kraft "Real" Mayonnaise!!!  I was sooo happy that I came home and we made some delicious tuna melts!  I can hardly wait to eat a sandwich tomorrow for lunch! :)

No comments: