Monday, February 11, 2008

The Will Of God Part 2

Today as I was reading in Exodus Chapter 4, I came to, what can be, a controversial verse:

Exodus 4:21

And the LORD said to Moses, "When you go back to Egypt, see that you do before Pharaoh all the miracles that I have put in your power. But I will harden his heart, so that he will not let the people go.


It does not say that Pharaoh's heart was hardened, but it says that God would harden his heart so that he would not let the people go. This is important I think, to understand once more, that no one in this world is here for themselves, but we are here for God's purpose alone. I know from my own experience that this is hard water to swallow.

Our sinful nature wants it to be about us, and no one else. But we had no part in our creation; we were created by a being much more significant than ourselves. That creator is God, and He has a purpose for each individual He creates. But God did plan us to be a part of His purpose and His will. He came to earth as a mortal man, died on the cross for sinful people. This in itself is very unique, because Christianity is the ONLY religion in the world that is not about works, or doing things for your own benefit. Christianity is the only religion to where you CAN NOT SAVE YOURSELF. We can only be saved by our Creator, God!

In this saving process, it is still all about God! I am thankful that my life is not up to me, and that I have a creator, an awesome God, that knitted me in my mother's womb, and knew me before the beginning of time; a God to which also, knows what is best for me and has a plan for my life. If only I would live each second of every minute of every day with a firm grip on this promise!

No comments: